The following inflation-adjusted amounts are effective January 1, 2015:
- Annual exclusion from gift tax remains at $14,000 per donee.
- Annual exclusion from gift tax for gifts to a non-citizen spouse increases to $147,000 ($145,000 in 2014).
- Gift, estate and generation-skipping transfer tax exclusion amount increases to $5.43 million ($5.34 million in 2014).
- Highest income tax brackets begin at taxable income of:
- $464,850 (married filing jointly)
- $232,425 (married filing separately)
- $439,000 (heads of households)
- $413,200 (unmarried other than surviving spouses and heads of households)
- $12,300 (estates and trusts).